Whoops, it’s been a minute. Life happens, you know?
I’ve been doing some thinking and I think I’m bogged down recently by having too many open loops. I’m borrowing the term from Getting Things Done, which basically means “things I have to do that I haven’t finished, delegated, put into the process of getting done, gotten as far as I can on my own and am waiting for someone else’s input, etc.” It’s stressful, you know? A semi-cogent list of the ones I have right now includes:
- Car is overdue for an oil change and general maintenance
- Reading three books at once and wanting to be done with them so i can move onto other things. I’m enjoying all of them, but I’ve been wanting to study more computer stuff and don’t want to start a new book until I’m done with ’em.
- Those books are No Time to Spare and Birthday of the World by Ursula K LeGuin, and Five Billion Years of Solitude by Lee Billings. All three of which I’ve been working on on and off for like two months now.
- Whatever homework I have due in any given week
- Finishing Python Crash Course
- Getting my second space in the house set up to be cozy and productive
- Some miscellaneous gardening stuff
- Editing The Shivering Deeps (I have tons of great beta notes, but I need to implement them!)
- Uploading the rest of the chapters of a furry story I’ve been putting up at ~*~ zee secret place ~*~
- Doing some direct community action, like guerilla gardening, putting up benches, etc.
There’s probably other stuff, but you get the idea. Lots of stuff I’m halfway through and it’s fraying my brain to have it all sitting there half-done or undone.
So I think I want to focus this next week or two on getting as much of these done as possible. Hopefully without driving myself insane. Some of them are just going to take longer than that, but wrapping up one or two of the books should be doable, along with at least having a plan for the gardening stuff, getting rolling on Shivering Deeps, that sort of thing.
And then maybe I’ll have brainspace for other projects I’d like to be working on. Right now I mostly want to shift computer studying stuff to learning more networking and infosec again, so I’m more hireable in that department. And to free up enough cycles that doing some of the bigger stuff, like the novel editing, is more manageable, both from a brainspace and time perspective.
So yeah, that’s what’s going on in my head at the moment. Whee!